Millions of auto accidents are reported in the US every year. Serious accidents and crashes are not unusual in Washington, and if you ever get involved in one in Spokane, you should do everything to protect your rights. If the accident was a result of the other driver’s sheer negligence, they are liable for your losses. Talk to a law firm or attorney Matt Albrecht to know if you have a valid auto accident claim. In this post, we are discussing some of the key dos and don’ts you must follow.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Call 911 without any further delay.
- Call the local law enforcement, especially if there is injury or property damage.
- Cooperate with emergency personnel at the scene
- Take contact and insurance info from other drivers.
- Note down the name and address of witnesses.
- Inform your insurance company
- Take photos of the accident scene.
- Keep a file of your treatments and medical records
- Keep track of missed work and projects.
- Call an attorney. You can rely on your attorney for a free assessment of your case.
- Do not move your vehicle unless it is safe to do so.
- Do not admit fault to anyone.
- Don’t risk your life trying to keep the area safe.
- Do not run away from the scene.
- Do not move the injured unless you are trained
- Don’t engage in arguments or confrontations.
- Don’t agree with the insurance settlement unless you talk to your lawyer.
- Don’t give a statement to the insurance company right away.
Do you need a lawyer?
Hiring an auto accident lawyer is not mandatory. You can start and complete the claims process on your own, although that’s not the sensible thing to do. Hiring an attorney improves your chances of getting an acceptable higher settlement. You can explain the situation, and even if you had a share in the blame, your lawyer can defend your rights. All auto accident lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means they don’t charge an upfront fee. This is one more reason to hire a lawyer as legal representation doesn’t have to break your bank. Lawyers know what it takes to work with claims adjusters and wouldn’t settle for less.
You can check on Google for local lawyers for auto accident claims in Spokane. Compare the options and hire an attorney you can trust for their work and expertise in the field.